The idea that we can take steps preconception to improve the health of our future children is truly incredible, and with the enormous rise in childhood illnesses such as allergies, autism, asthma and ADHD, it has become essential.
The good news is, that there are many steps parents can take, preconception to reduce the risk of childhood illness. Areas that we examine include:
- family history, to look for risk factors and strongest areas of prevention
- gastrointestinal health and microbiome support
- optimal nutrition and supplementation to prevent deficiency, based on your current diet and individual metabolic needs
- detoxification to reduce your toxic load preconception
- stress reduction, and balance of adrenal hormones
- hormonal balance, including thyroid function to optimize fertility and pregnancy outcome
- appropriate lab testing, including personal genomics in many cases
You can make an impact on the outcome of a pregnancy, and the health of a child by taking the appropriate steps preconception.