I believe that with the right kind of education and support, that your body can heal and return to a state of optimal health. My job is to ask the right questions, perform the right tests, and thoroughly understand all aspects of your health – physical, emotional and spiritual, in order understand what systems are out of balance. From here, we work together to remove obstacles, strengthen and repair systems, emphasize excellent nutrition and self-care, and fill in any gaps with other skilled practitioners. My goal for you is to learn how to manage your health well for the long-run, not just to solve your current health concern.
What I’m passionate about:
- Women’s health promotion, through all stages of a woman’s life
- Preconception – the steps we can take now, to create healthier children later
- Supporting women to have empowered pregnancies, deliveries and postpartum recoveries
- Teaching moderation with food and nutrition – extremes are not healthy or necessary!
- Staying on top of the latest research and health updates – I love to constantly learn
- Writing – you can read my blog on this website, and find many guest posts online. I’m currently working on a book about Preconception – all of the steps we can take before having children to reduce the risk of childhood issues such as allergies, asthma, ADHD, autism and diabetes.
- Making a difference for generations to come.
Here are some of the conditions and issues I love to work with:
- Unexplained infertility
- Preconception health
- PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome)
- Hormonal acne
- Stress-related illness
- Anxiety and depression
- Sleep disorders
- (If your condition is not listed here, please ask!)
How to work with me:
- If you’re ready to book an appointment – you can book now at the Darou Wellness clinic in Toronto here.
- Subscribe to the Darou Wellness newsletter to follow my blog, and be the first to hear about clinic news.
- Stay up to date with the latest in health by following my blog.
The formal version:
Dr. Shawna Darou is a licensed and registered Naturopathic Doctor, who graduated from the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (www.ccnm.edu) at the top of her class and was the recipient of the prestigious Governor’s Medal of Excellence. She is a member of the Ontario Association of Naturopathic Doctors, the Canadian Naturopathic Association and the Institute of Naturopathic Education and Research. Naturopathic medicine is her second career, her first being Engineering Chemistry from Queen’s University. She now uses her analytical brain and problem solving skills especially in the complicated arena of hormonal health, and in solving health puzzles.
Dr. Shawna Darou N.D. has a clinical focus in women’s health care and fertility, and has treated thousands of women in her Toronto clinic since 2004. She is a dedicated and caring doctor with a gentle approach who is committed to the health of her patients. Dr. Darou’s is also an avid health writer, and her popular health blog is read by close to 5,000 people each week!
Outside of the office, Dr. Darou is the mother of two beautiful children who inspire her to evolve the medical model in order to reform healthcare for the next generation.